Friday, March 18, 2011

Hot air balloon

It is Friday! This has been a long week, I think adjusting to the time change here, we had to Spring Forward!  I have created this card for 4 challenges.
The Play Date Cafe #73-mustard, burgundy and lilac                                                                                         
The Papercrafting Journey #6  -Up in the Air
ABC Challenge- Q is for Quote
Case Study #31

Here is the card for inspiration at the Case Study by Julee Tillman.
Here is my card:

The patterned paper is Recollections. The balloon stamp is Verve and the saying is Stampscapes, Inc. I cut the bottom of the card with decorative sissors and I cut the balloon with my Spellbinders label with the Cuttlebug. I inked the sides with red ink. I added a sheer ribbon on a ribbon ring and added 2 star pins. I am trying to like this card but I am getting used to making cute cards with a lot of bling! One of those might be coming up! Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Fun cards full of the joys of Spring! love the bright bold colours and matching ribbon. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and fun way to use the colors! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, that is one adorable hot air balloon! I like yours better than so many I see. Thanks for playing with us at the Play Date Cafe again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you have grouped elements in that top left corner is so amazing! I just love the addition of those two little star pins. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun little card, I love the sentiment and the way you've used our colours, really fab! Thank you for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute, Julia! I love that balloon stamp and the great way you CASEd Julee's ribbon treatment. A wonderful CASE indeed! So glad to have you playing along with us both at CASE Study and the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job I love the layout x
    Thanks for playing along with us at papercrafing journey this week x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete