Saturday, June 4, 2011

May happiness be yours...

I hope that everyone is having a great weekend. It is very hot here. Summer is here already! We had a family get together tonight with my Mom's family. It was fun. I created this card for a couple of challenges.
Play Date Cafe #84-green, red and lilac
CASE study #42
Here is my card.

I took a glossy panel and pounded it with green, purple and red alcohol inks. I added pink pearls for shine. I then embossed the white flowers with embossing powder. All stamps are StampinUp. The patterned paper is My Minds Eye. I cut the panels out with the Label Spellbinder and added 2 butterflies with pearls for the middles. I like to get messy with my inks and embossing powders every once in a while and I like the end result! Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. SOOO pretty! Great color combo and I just love your background! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background, messy is fun!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely background dp! The colors are beautiful and the design is awesome! Thanks for joining us at both the Play Date Cafe and CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool background you created with those alcohol inks, Julia! ANd I also love how you took that stamp (can't think of what set it's from, and I own it too!) and created a background with it, too. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super neat effect - it almost looks transparent. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the background on this card! I love the name of your blog too and your design is very pretty! hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete