Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Card for Rose


The movie for inspiration at the Cinema Saturday Challenge #64 is Titanic. The inspiration for my card is the encouragement that Jack gave to Rose at the very end of the movie. He told her not to give up, that she was going to live a long life, and she did! Rose rode horses on the beach, married, had children and grandchildren...Rose reminds me of my Grandma. My Grandma lived to the ripe old age of 96. She farmed with my Grandpa, raised 2 girls through the Great Depression, lost a child (my Mom), had many grandchildren and great-grandchildren, she outlived my Grandpa by 20 years and she was feisty to the end, just like Rose!

The stamps that I used for this card is Hot Off the Press. I silver embossed the swirls. The saying is printed off my computer. The paper is Making Memories. I cut the circle and the rectangle with the Spellbinders. I added ribbon and a snowflake. The pink acrylic heart represents Jack. I used the sketch at Mojo Monday #123. Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful job Julia! I love the scrolls/swirls -reminds me of the grand staircase, and the image reminds me of Rose when she got on the boat with that big fancy hat. Thanks for sharing about your grandma -she sounds like a gal with spunk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!! Very elegant!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful sentiment. I'd never heard it before, but find myself repeating now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, I could not wait to see what you would come up with for this movie. I love it. And that is was a tribute to your own Grandma makes it even more special. Love the silver and blue. Very nice.

    PS, received some fun mail today too. Thanks so much for inking up those mice for me and all the extra goodies you packed into that envy. Your a special friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely and eloquent sentiment you chose. Truly encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for the challenge and a great story about your Grandma too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Julia!!! This is just gorgeous!! Seriously! I kinda got a little weepy thinking of your sweet grandma and all that she went through - what an inspiration to be fiesty till the end - and 96 years is amazing!!! I cannot even tell you HOW much I adore your card - that sentiment just went straight to my heart! Simply perfect and beautiful!!! You are such a sweet inspiration dear Julia! Much love and hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is a perfect representation of the movie! Wow what a great card. Love that inspirational sentiment too! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete