Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Knight's Tale


The Cinema Saturday #61 movie for inspiration is A Knight's Tale. I love Heath Ledger. He was a really good actor. Anyway, I like this movie. This card is inspired by William wanting to be a Knight even though he wasn't royal blood. So this saying goes with the movie-"The greatest achievements were at first and for some time, dreams."

I recently bought the Cuttlebug folder Stars. For this challenge, you are supposed to use a star on your project. I ran the red panels through the the folder and then sanded it. I then rubbed yellow ink on it. I then embossed the images on the black panels with gold stardust. I stamped a shield with a lion on it with Versamark and clear embossed it. It is just kind of hard to see! All stamps are StampinUp. I made the saying to look like a scroll. I used the sketch from Stamp Something-Sketch Something. Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. How rich and elegant and regal with those gorgeous colours love your design and that sentiment is fab Julia

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was quick! Love the star embossing and the yellow ink over the red. The sentiment is perfect. I like how you made the sentiment look like a scroll too. You never disappoint.........gotta go get a refill on my drink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia this is amazing!!! You did such an amazing job with the challenge!! I LOVE the quote and the stars are perfect and the lion and the way you did the scroll are simply beautiful!!!
    Thank you dearest Julia for playing along with us at Cinema Saturday!!! It wouldn't be the same without your gorgeous creations!!! Sending you big hugs and hope you are having a beautiful weekend!!!
    much love!!!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. The red,black and yellow is beautiful together.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Stamp Something.
    Dorte aka dot-scrap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that film!! Think this is a very regal looking card! Just stunning! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. I love the whole thing!!! Great job!! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Great card. Thanks for joining the Stamp Something challenge this week.
    hugs, Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry this is so late.. I totally though I had commented earlier in the week...

    Your card turned out fantastic... I love the fleur de lis that is defiantly an image that is used a lot in the movie.. The way you added the star requirement was lovely.. Great rich and regal color... Top notch for sure... Thanks for playing with us..
    HUGS
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the embossed stars as the background. The scroll is such a nice detail too. Great job Julia!!

    ReplyDelete