Sunday, December 6, 2009

Two Turtle Doves...


I created this card for 3 challenges. I found a new challenge called the Play Date Cafe Challenge #7-Green, Deep Red and White. The Our Creative Corner Challenge was to use one of the 12 days of Christmas. I used the sketch from Mojo Monday #115.

The stamp that I used is Gel-a-Tin. I embossed the tree with Zing green embossing powder. I embossed the birds with detail white. I ran the green panel through the Cuttlebug and used the Spellbinder for the white around the tree. I printed the saying from the computer. I added the Christmas flowers by Hero Arts.

I am going to go ahead and put this card into the DT tryout for Stampin' for the Weekend. You are supposed to make a card to show your style. That is so hard because I like to try many different things! I do love to emboss and I love simple, elegant cards. But I also like to color with my Copic markers, I love flowers, House Mouse stamps, I like to try vintage cards... I am done stressing about it. This one is going to be my entry!

15 comments:

  1. So neat :) love that green embossing powder and the cuttlebug background fits so well with the tree swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! this a WONDERFUL card.. I love all the elements you have going on.. Thanks for playing with us at The Cafe.. :) HUGS

    ~I have some Free Digital Stamps on my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo this is lovely those colours are so deep and rich just perfect for Christmas.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with your card and it fits the challenges well!

    Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    p.s. LOVE your blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this card, dimension, design and texture, thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Julia! So glad you found us! Love all the dimension and the embossing--fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at The Cafe'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors and beautifully done card. Good luck on your DT try. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, love this card. It's so different! And that tree stamp is FAB!! Thanks for playing along in the Play Date CAfe and hope you come back again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Julia

    occasionally I landed on your blog and didn't want to go without writing you a word. I very like the artwork you do and am sure to take a look again from time to time.

    By the way, right now I have a Christmas Candy to give away, if you like try your luck; http://creawitch.blogspot.com/2009/11/weihnachts-candy.html

    Love from Karina

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is gorgeous, wonderful colors and texture....have a fantastic day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the ZING Tree....I just bought the Zing Copper embossing powder and now you make me want to go get it and play with it!!!! Sssh...it was going in my stocking, but Santa might be raiding the presents tonight...LOL This is beautiful. I love your colors and embellishment. So well done!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness. See you at the Blog Hop and Good Luck with the prizes.

    Carol
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Zing Embossing Powder looks Great! I thought it was a diecut , but it was a stamp :) You did a terrific job of it sparkly and the birds, both so nice! Thanks for stopping by my page on the blog hop, best ~Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWESOME colors on this wonderful card. That image is wonderful!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing with us this week.

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julia....Congratulations on making the Fab 4 with your entry to the Play Date Cafe Challenge.

    Hope you will play again with us this week!

    (by the way...name is now correct on the list)

    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Challenge card!!! Love the turtle doves - thanks so much for joining us at OCC!

    ReplyDelete