Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ink it Up!

I have inky fingers today! I have created two cards using the same techniqe and the same sketch. For the Just Us Girls Challenge #  they want you to use the collage stamping technique. You can find how to do it here. This was a fun technique. My first card is (of course) a baby girl card! Here it is:
The paper is Basic Grey. I used my distress inks. The stamps are Hero Arts, StampinUp, and Royal Brush Mfg. The embossing folder is Tim Holtz and the punch is Martha Stewart. I added pink raindrops. Here are the challenges:
Just Us Girls #119  -Collage Stamping Technique
Sketch Saturday #190
Stampin' Sisters in Christ #122- Something new-used a new technique
Stamptacular Sunday #147-Texture
Stampin' for the Weekend #24-Out with the Old- I've had these stamps for a while and I pulled out my distress inks that I hardly ever use! 

I also wanted to enter The Play Date Cafe so here is the card for that one using the same technique
The paper is K&Co. The stamps are StampinUp, Hampton Arts, Penny Black, and Alphabet Pixie. The punch is Martha Stewart and I added gold diamond shaped brads. I embossed the crown with gold
Here are the Challenges.
Just Us Girls #119  Collage Stamping Technique
Sketch Saturday #190
ABC Challenge H is for Happy Birthday
Play Date Cafe #114  Plum, Burgundy and Gold
Stampin' Sisters in Christ #122-Something new-New technique
Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous collage stamping! Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't stamping the best! Such unique projects! Cool!
    Great for the Happy Birthday challenge at ABC!
    Thanks for sharing w/ us ladies!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layering on your beautiful collage card. Thanks for joining us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant card and you did a wonderful job stamping! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

    Hugz & TFS,
    xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia, I'm playing catchup, blogger has been giving me problems with commenting on some blogs!

    Love your collage cards, like to find time to try it. See we are into pink, Grandma!! Both a such beautiful cards. Happy for you, friend.
    Hope both Mom's to be are doing well.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you liked the challenge. I love the sweet little footprints on the baby card. So, so sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card
    thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
    hugs
    céline dt member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how sweet! That baby buggy is adorable - very vintage looking. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Julia, Thanks for joining us at ABC hope to see you for the next challenge.
    Big Hugs
    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty cards, Julia! LOVE that over-stamping technique! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I often try layering but I'm not very good at it. I love how you've done this, and that sentiment is great! Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both the backgrounds you've created with this weeks technique challenge! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete