Saturday, October 10, 2009

Queen for a day


I created this card for 2 challenges.
Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #53
Our Creative Corner-Sketch

The movie for inspiration at Cinema Saturday is Elizabeth-The Golden Age. It has been a while since I have watched this movie but I remember that Cate Blanchett does such a great job of playing the strong-willed Queen Elizabeth. I chose this lady stamp by Hot Off the Press because she is so regal looking. I masked her off and the background stamp is StampinUp. I filled in the flowers with an embossing pen and embossed it with gold. I embossed the chandelier (Queen Kat Designs) and the crown (Hampton Art). The letter stickers are Bookworks. The background paper is a specialty paper that I had in my stash. It is hard to tell but the black dots are raised felt. I added a gold, sheer ribbon. Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Wow! I love all the gold embossing. This is one classy card! Thanks so much for playing the OCC sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great take on a movie. Love all the gold and that gal does look regal! I won't be surprised one day when I get a post from you that you have left for Hollywood! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card....The gold with the black looks so regal. :) Love the crown and your letter stickers for the sentiment too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very regal card!!!! I love the gold! Thanks for joining us this week at the OCC!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia I love you card... What a fun sentiment "Queen for a Day". Great layout. It's just an overall fun and whimsical card. I am always excited to see your cards.

    Hugs
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!! this is stunning! Very regal! Love the gorgeous colour combo! and the collage feel!! fab love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat design - I especially like the lay out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very elegant card with lovely style. BTW, love your blog's title!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the retro collage feel of this card. The gold embossing works perfectly with your theme. Great work on the OCC sketch. Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWOWOWOOWOWOW!!!! This is simply so beautiful Julia!!! I adore your creation - so lovely and royal and beautiful!!! I always love when you play along with us!!! You are just the sweetest!!!!
    Big HUGS!!!!!
    Big Hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete