Sunday, December 12, 2010

wishing you peace and happiness...

It is snowing here (again) this weekend! I am hibernating in my craft room today! I have created this card for 4 challenges.

Just Us Girls #63  -Stained Glass Technique
Play Date Cafe #59 -Blues and Purple
Mojo Monday 168 #  -Contest
ABC Challenge-J is for Jems and Jewels


I had fun using these colors and using the stained glass technique! The hanging snowflakes are Queen Kat Designs stamped with VersaColor Icicle stamp pad. The saying is Queen Kat  Design also stamped with purple ink. I cut it with Spellbinders Label. The background is embossed with the Snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder. Here is how I made the ornament which is Verve and the snowflake in the middle is StampinUp. I stamped the image on  clear acetate with black Stazon. I covered it with Glossy Effects and added the Glitter, let it dry, cut it out and added it to my card. The glitter is on the back next to the card, so that glitter don't get everywhere!  I added ribbon and blue gems. Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. WOW Julia this looks amazing the colours you have chosen look wonderful I love the stamped snowflakes and that main central images looks stunning, I love this so much.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL DONE - love your sparkly ornament - it's gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love that sparkle! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, especially all the glitz! Thanks for joining in on the fun with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your glittery fun ornaments, fabulous job with the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful........great colors, the deep blue against the white is so pretty. Snowing here today too. Thinking of you.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hearing a lot about that stained glass technique--must give it a go--this is GORGEOUS! LOVE LOVE LOVE it:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the color fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful patterns, textures and bling! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis turned out beautifully! The navy accents and the gorgous glittery snowflake are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete