Monday, December 5, 2011

A Non tradional colored Christmas card

Hi there, Happy Monday! It was very rainy and dreary today:( The roads are flooding around here:( I would ALMOST rather have snow! I have made a card tonight. I wanted to try the colors at The Play Date Cafe  #109  which are Blush, Smokey Purple and Champagne. These are hard colors to put together but I like the end product! Here is my card.
The other challenges that I am entering this are:
ABC Challenge-E is for Embossing
Mojo Monday #218- Contest (I rotated the sketch)
Bling it On-Christmas

The image is Penny Black that is embossed with pink embossing powder. The saying is Verve. I ran the blush panel through the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug Folder and the Champagne panel through the Snowflake embossing panel. I added lace and gems to the tree.Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. fab!!! Loving the colours and the touches of lace! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Julia that tree looks terrific especially with the gems on, the colours and design are super.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty in pink and lace! I like the tree image too. Julia Herald, I can't believe you said you would almost rather have.....the S word! I can wait. Christmas Eve would be nice, just enough to cover the ground! hee hee

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully! I like the embossed tree, and the bit of lace added.

    This is a busy time of year, so we really appreciate you playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was trying to figure out if they were gems or brads. either way, looks good!

    Visiting from Mojo Monday
    xo, Kristina
    Please stop by and say hello!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. super card!!
    Thanks for joining us at Bling It On this time would love to see you next time too
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the look of this with the different layers of embossing then that touch of lace is just perfect..very pretty colors and everything..thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete