Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cinema Saturday#49-The Two Towers and Allsorts Challenge #18


The movie for inspiration at the Cinema Saturday Challenge was The Two Towers-Lord of the Rings. I really enjoyed all of the Lord of the Rings movies. To me, this movie is about the conflict of good and evil. That is why I tried to use black and white on this card. I used this saying because I think it goes with this movie too. They all banded together, became friends and gained the strength to fight evil.

I recently bought this stamp set from Verve. I rubbed blue and green ink on a glossy panels. I embossed the saying and image with black embossing powder. I added the black and white designer papers. There are 3 clear raindrop gems in the left corner but they are hard to see. I used the sketch from the Allsorts challenge. You were also supposed to use only 2 colors. Besides the black and white I used green and blue, my favorite colors! Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely Beautiful Julia!!! Simply lovely and perfect! I love your inspiration and that saying perfectly fits the movie!!! you are so amazing to make a card right away! SO impressed!!! Thank you for playing along Julia!!! I always love looking at your beautiful creations!!!
    Much love and hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great cinema challenge card. Love the black and white and the inked glossy paper.
    Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card julia...love your colour combo....thanks for joining in the fun this week at Allsorts...hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! I love that stamp!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia,

    What a lovely card, so much thought and attention to detail into a wondeful creation.

    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia!
    Beautiful!!!! I love the colors and the sentiment is just sublime... What a perfect sentiment for this movie.. I just love everything about your card.

    Hugs
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia

    Great use of the sketch.

    Love your image, colours and fantastic sentiment.

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Allsorts this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia,
    I've always loved coming by to see how you interpret the cinema challenges. This is a great one, love the concept that you've taken from the movie and centered your project around it.

    If you will email me your snail mail address, I will stamp you a few PB images to experiment with :) I have regular card stock and watercolour paper, just let me know which one you prefer. I remember my first blogging days as well, and how excited I was when I logged on and saw my very first follower :) As you know, it was you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. email, addie, duh!!

    eatwblimpy@yahoo.com

    and a small present is coming your way as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fab image the blue looks stunning with the black

    thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete