Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pretty Woman Card


I created this card for 4 challenges.

Cinema Saturday Challenge #50-Pretty Woman
Our Creative Corner-a yummy color combo-white, brown, light pink, hot pink
Basic Grey #4-Embossing
Get Sketchy #5

Congratulations Brooke and Sankari for hosting 50 challenges at the Cinema Saturday Challenge. Go check it out, they are giving away awesome blog candy for the winner. The movie for inspiration is Pretty Woman. I (being the romantic) loved it when the Julia Roberts character says " I want the fairytale." and she got it! Edward climbed up to her window (and he was afraid of heights) and asked her to marry him, how romantic!

You were supposed to use paper piecing for the Cinema Saturday challenge too. I used this techique for the wedding dress (StampinUp). I stamped it twice, one embossed (sorry that you cannot see the embossing very well on this scan!)white on white and the other one in brown, cut them both out and pieced them together. The light pink paper is Basic Grey Sultry and the Fairytale is Basic Grey stickers. The other words are Fontworks rubons. The patterned paper is My Minds Eye. I added pearls, a foam heart and rings from Dress it Up. Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

  1. I loved this movie too. Of course, I love every movie that Richard Gere is in! Another great card, Julia and 4 challenges in one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely card! Thanks for playing with us at GS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...love that sentiment!

    Great take on the challenges Julia! Love the gown and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sentiment!!! Thanks for playing with the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome card Julia!! Love the gown and your use of colors!!

    Guess what!!! You won my blog candy!!! Please email me at olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com with your snail mail address so I can send it out to you.

    Chris
    http://twinklesglow-glowbug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, sensational card. I love the movie inspiration and you portrayed it perfectly!! So happy you could play along with the OCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia !!! I love this card!!!! First of all a big thank you for your sweet words!! I truly adore you and am so glad that you play along with us every week!!! you are just the sweetest and so encouraging and supportive and so sweet!!! Its always a treat to see your name on Mr. Linky!!!

    And I love your sentiment - and that is what we all deserve - the fairytale!!! I love that part of the movie too when he climbs up even though he is afraid of heights! so romantic!!! And I love the ending on the fire escape - so sweet! Love your card Julia - and thank you so much for playing along with us!! you know we love you!!!!!
    sending you big hugs and lots of love!!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous!! Love the sentiment, the gorgeous papers and the fab embellies you have used!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!
    Cindyb

    ReplyDelete
  10. You old romantic you!! Have to admit - love that film - can't beat a film that leaves you with that feel good factor and a smile on you face. Fabulous card - great colours and image and a wonderful sentiment.
    Thanks for playing
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card with so many fabulous details.
    Thanks for joining us at GS.
    Lisette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great "girlie" card! I love the sentiment with the big bold fairytale in the center!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabbie card...nice mix of challenges! Thanks for joining us over at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a pretty card. That color combination is one that I like too. The dress is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are amazing to make such a lovely card and wrap up 4 challenges at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! great job with the challenges! :)
    thank you for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun card idea! Great work & thanks for joining us at BG Challenges,
    Anthea & the team :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another great card Julia!
    Very pretty & sweet, and the paper reminds me of the polka-dot dress she wears (my favorite!). I always love seeing what you do for each of the CSCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card, love the colours and the sentiment.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous take on the sketch!
    thns for playing!

    ReplyDelete