Friday, September 3, 2010

a birthday card for a special lady


Sankari, a very, very talented card maker is celebrating her birthday today. She has the Cinema Saturday Challenge Blog along with Brooke. She is also the Guest Designer at one of my other favorite challenges-The Play Date Cafe #45. Their colors this week are purple, orange and a neutral. They are rich and warm colors like Sankari. I actually disassembled this card several times. I am semi happy with it now! The stamp is Crafty Individuals and the saying is StampinUp. The paper is NRN Design. I ran the orange panel through the Cuttlebug. I used the card sketch at Truly Scrumptious #40. Happy Birthday, Sankari, I hope you have a WONDERFUL one! Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Awwwwww Thank you SOOOO much sweet Julia!!! You are such a sweetheart and I love all of your takes on the Cinema Challenges - but more than anything - you have such a sweet heart and I always love coming over to your blog for a visit!!! This birthday card is beautiful - I LOVE these colors and your rocked the Play Date Cafe's gorgeous color combo this week!!! Sending you a zillion gajillion hugs!!! Thank you for being such a sweet blog friend!!! YOu simply ROCK!
    hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of the colors and lovely thought to celebrate Sankari's birthday. Glad you joined us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are tough colors to combo, but you did it and it turned out wonderful. She's right you are a sweetheart!!!


    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. what gorgeous rich colours Julia...love your mix of them too...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What bright, bold, beautiful colors! I just pulled out this set of sentiments from CTMH to make a card and here I see you've used it! How's that for timing! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful, vibrant design.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful birthday card:) I LOVE LOVE LOVE that embossing and the way that image makes you smile! Great job:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete