Saturday, September 18, 2010

an early start on Holiday cards


When I saw the colors you need to use for the Play Date Cafe #47, I knew that I had to make a Christmas card using this Unity Stamp! The colors are black, white, true red, leaf green and turquoise. The saying is StampinUp. I stamped the images 2 times and cut out part of them and glued them on my background. I ran the green, red and white panel through the snowflake Cuttlebug using the embossing folder. I added a Christmas flower by Spare Parts. I also added Dazzling Diamonds. I used the sketch at Inspirational Sketch Challenge #83. It is a hot and dry weekend in the Midwest, we need some rain! Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Such a cute hoilday card, the embossed panels look wonderful behind your images. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours are just right for a Christmas greetings card! A very inviting igloo.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute christmas card and love the colours you have choosen too. Thank you for joining us this week at ICS. Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooo cute, love it, thanks for joining us at ICS this week.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little penguin! When I chose this week's Play Date Cafe colours it never occurred to me that they would make such great colours for Christmas lol Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card, Julia! I'm so glad you found inspiration with my sketch. Thanks for joining us at Inspirational Card Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An adorable card Julia I love that image and the colours
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Love the penguin and his fish! Adorable card. Glad you joined us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, isn't he cute! Love the background you created with those colors too.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can never start holiday card too early! Love that mix of embossed papers on the background and that cute stamp set! Wonderful job on the color challenge, thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That flower is the perfect pop! I just love that penguin too! What a great card:) So glad you joined in the fun this week:) THANKS for playing along with us at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't play last week because I couldn't for the life of me make these colors work! Your card on the other hand is so AMAZING! Not only is it the cutest image but that flower is like icing on a cake!

    ReplyDelete