Sunday, September 26, 2010

Old Friend


I thought that it was going to take a long time to make this card but I was wrong! It took 5 minutes and I love how it turned out! I created it for the Cinema Saturday Challenge #87 -Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. I knew that I wanted to use this saying by StampinUp. I embossed it with Detail White embossing powder. This movie is about old friends, staying close and helping a friend when she needs it even though she didn't want their help! This is a fun and touching movie. They used sunflowers in this movie so I pulled out my sunflower stamps. Then I found this die cut by Meri Meri in my stash. I also found these cute little girls by Heartwarming Vintage. You are supposed to put a collage element on your card so I hope the flowers and girls count! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love sunflowers and these are wonderful. Girls are adorable. Great take on the challenge...........

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOw adorable is this!! LOVE this sentiment and it is so perfect for this movie!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us Julia!!!
    Big hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia! LOVE you quote.. How very true is that.. I love that little girlies and get incorporation of the sunflowers.. All around Beautiful Card!

    HUGS
    BROOKE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this card -I can totally picture giving this to my dear friends! I really like the imagery you used, and love the big sunflowers sheltering those girls and their secret. Great job Julia!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia!
    This is cute, I love the flowers & the 2 girls!

    (u & your friend)
    It is a darling!

    ReplyDelete